Basic Photo Course
Would you like to learn to use your camera to take better photos?
If so, you’ve landed in the right place. This Amsterdam and The Hague based Photography Course will teach you how to get the most from your digital camera by understanding the basics of photography. This is your chance to learn photography from a professional photographer. Be more in control of your camera and get the results you want. The mission of this course is not only for you to learn theory, but to put that theory into practice.
What people are saying
“The course completely changed my approach to taking photos – I think more about the desired end result and I know all the different options I can use” -Yvonne Baer
“I was looking for a class under 300 euro. The content was great. Even after the first 2 classes, i felt so much more empowered to get the results I wanted. The tech know-how enabled me to be/feel more creative-> remove the mystery and enable the magic. I have really enjoyed your teaching style, very clear and easy to follow. Thank you” -Jen Orum
“The “Hands-on” approach was perhaps the most interesting feature of the course. It helped me explore all the modes and definitions, angles, light, etc. I am definitely more motivated to use my camera now.” -João Almeida
What you will learn:
- Use a digital camera to create well-composed images with proper exposure and color balance.
- To understand the basic concepts of Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO
- To create an exposure in the manual mode
- The creative techniques of depth of field and movement control
- To recognize and work with Fluorescent, tungsten and daylight
- The techniques of dealing with bright light and lack of light situations, including night photography.
- To make use of available light, built-in flash, and use a tripod or other stable surfaces to solve low light issues.
- The most important and useful digital image adjustment tools and functions in Picasa and/or Iphoto
Class Set-up. Learn by doing:
- Each class will include a concise lecture and visual presentation on the subject of the day.
- Then it’s time to put your new knowledge to use. The second half of the class you will be doing exercises with your camera.
- You will then be given the opportunity to master the skill in creative out of class assignments and receive feedback on your images in class
- The evening class also consists of one Saturday field Trip which will take place at Hortus Batanicus and the nearby Wertheimpark.
What is Included:
- Full 6 class course (5 classes & 1 field trip)
- Digital Photography Basics 19 pages course booklet
- Access to our photography references and instructional video
Location: Kleine Gartmanplantsoen 10, 1017 RR Amsterdam
Instructors: Megan Alter, Iwona Montel, Kjell Leknes
Class Size: 12 students
Language: All classes are taught in English
Requirements: Digital camera with Manual options which allows for adjustments of “Aperture” and “Shutter speed”.
Price: 290 (inclusive BTW)
Amsterdam Evening Course
Dates: 24/9, 1/10, 8/10, 15/10, [Saturday field trip 19/10], 29/10
Times: 19:00-21:00 (Field Trip on Oct. 19th is 13:00-15:00)
The Hague Evening Course:
Dates: 25/9, 2/10, 9/10, 16/10 [Sunday field trip 20/10], 30/10
Times: 19:00-21:00 (Field Trip on Oct 20th is 13:00-15:00)